November 10, 2015
Prestige Contemporary Indian Paintings from Ingrid Gujral Gallery -New Delhi Charity were at the Kasser Rassu Gallery in Marbella for a one off exhibition to raise much needed cash for the Concordia Foundation
Princess Marie Louise of Prussia, Lamia Kashogi and Debbie Mace cut the ribbon to open the event which saw nearly all the works sold for this worthwhile cause
The History Of Concordia
Concordia ACAS is a Non-Governmental Non-profit Organization that was born in 1994, in view of the neglect from the Official Institutions towards the needs of a group of people affected by HIV/AIDS, and who required specialised attention and services.
The Association is chaired by S.A.R. Marie-Louise of Prusia, cousin of her Majesty the Queen Sofia of Spain, which is in turn our honorary President.
In April 1997, Concordia opened a Day Centre in San Pedro Alcántara, with the aim of providing the following activities:
• Reducing the number of new infections in the general population and particularly among the young ones, continuing and expanding the HIV/AIDS prevention programs and to make them more effective.
• Normalise and reduce the social rejection towards the affected persons, orientating and covering their social and legal needs that could derivate from this problem through programs of social and labour insertion
• HIV/AIDS Information through direct and telephonic attention
• Improving of the affected people quality of life, fomenting healthy habits from a medical and psychological perspective.
• To become a meeting point between HIV-positive persons, their families and relatives., with individualised and group therapies and support groups
• To offer a space that will be used for activities aimed to satisfy social and education or formative needs, and also to develop and promote the abilities, creativity and skills of the affected person, by means of occupational workshops.
• Give guest lectures on Prevention of HIV/AIDS in Institutes, Colleges and Companies.
• Completion of the Oral Quick Test HIV, prior appointment. This service is anonymous, confidential and free.
• Follow up monitoring hospital attention.
• Individual and group psychological.
• Social Care.
• Food Distribution.
Concordia Day Centre has a multidisciplinary team that includes a Registered Nurse, 2 Psycologist, and Social Worker.
The Centre is at C/ Carlota Navarrete, 21 bajo, in San Pedro Alcántara. It opens Monday to Friday from 9:00-14:00 hrs and 17:00-20:00 hrs.
You can contact us at:
• Telephone: 952 785 997
• Fax: 952 853 310
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Web: www.concordiamarbella.com
• Facebook: Concordia Marbella, Asociación Concordia Marbella
• Twitter: @concordiaMarbel